Giving just 5 minutes a day at home can keep your teeth healthy. There are some dietary habits that should be altered in order to keep us free from dental and get prolonged relief from tooth-related problems. The two most common dental problems which can be dangerous are related to tooth-decay and gum-diseases and have a potential to develop into painful conditions.
Here’s a basic format which we recommend to take adequate care of your teeth:
- Brushing – Twice a day …. Once in the morning and once at bedtime at night is recommended by the best dentists in Delhi. However, if you consumption more sugar, it will nullify the benefits!
- Use a soft brush
- Maintain a gentle, yet, firm pressure.
- When you brush, keep it gentle; do not give it more pressure, as it can harm your gums unintentionally.
- The entire brushing should take around 2 minutes.
- Regular dental visits – People always need to visit their dentist on regular intervals. Even if they are not suffering from a disease or having no dental issue can visit at least once in a Month.
- Use best toothpaste – The toothpaste is made up of detergents, germ-killers, fluoride (preferably), flavoring agents and other bells & whistles. It is suggested that you use toothpaste that is recommended by your dentist or you know, it is best. If you have no idea about it, you can ask your dentist.
- Beware of over-zealous brushing! There is a tendency to undo the effect of dietary excesses by vigorous brushing. If not checked in time, it becomes a habit and damages the teeth by gradually wearing down their neck (Ever noted the scooped-out ditches on the tooth near the gum-line?) and pushing the gums away from the tooth (at times, the roots of the tooth are exposed). A sign of vigorous brushing, other than these, is the splayed appearance of the bristles of the toothbrush. This type of brushing is a leading cause of sensitivity in teeth.
- Change your brush every 3-4 months, irrespective of whether its bristles show splaying.
- Flossing – It is usually skipped by many people, keep it at least once a day, preferably at night; else, anytime you can do.
- Mouthwash twice in a day is required for you.