In this section, we will address the common queries about Dental-Implants in form of answers to some basic questions like ‘what’, ‘why’, ‘when’ & ‘how’.
Am I a candidate for implants?
A dental implant can be done for all ages and may be the right choice for anyone missing one or more teeth because of any injury, disease or decay. They are better for patients who can no longer wear removable dentures. The team of the best dentist in Delhi can determine and let you know, whether you need dental implants or not.
Are there different kinds of implants?
There are many shapes, sizes, and brands of implants available. Your dentist will keep informing about it and if it skipped, please ask about it. He/she will also let you know, whichever is best for you.
What? : – Dental implants have become increasingly popular in the recent past. A dental implant is also known as endosseous implant or fixture and is an artificial ‘root’ which is directly put into the jaw-bone to replace a lost tooth. It is suggested by a dentist in Pitampura, Delhi if one of your tooth or jaw is lost. Nowadays dentists use a biologic process called osseointegration, where materials like titanium are used as a bone.
Why? : – Dental-Implants are very helpful to replace the lost or missing teeth in our mouth. It is very powerful, as it takes support directly from the jaw-bone, rather than depending on either other teeth or gums. As a result, a patient gets a durable and stable structure.
Note: – Prior to the treatment, you may go for some specific tests, diagnosis or medical investigations and radiological tests like OPG and CT-scan.
- 1st visit: On your first visit to a dentist, he/she will place the dental implant. The process is comfortable, and your dentist may prescribe you some medicines to make the recovery period fast and comfortable for you. The dental implant is now given some time to firmly gripped by the bone. It can take around to 3 to 6 months to get better depending upon the health of the bone.
- 2nd – 3rd visit: The implant is ready to be loaded (i.e., the planned crown or denture can now be fabricated).
- Final visit: The fabricated new crown/bridge/denture is placed in the mouth.
Success Rate: Around 3 in 4 cases are successful and it has got around the success rate of 75%.
MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS :
Mini Dental Implants are the newest breed in implants dentistry. It is used in certain cases where conventional dental implants are not an option or not effective.
Cases, where these are applied, includes-
- Insufficient bone structure.
- In patients who are not in a good enough health.
- In orthodontic (braces) treatment.
- MDI is also an option where dental implants can be placed, owing to their cost-effectiveness
Whom should I consult for my implant treatment?
It is advised that you should contact your family dentist for the same. If you are unable to find a dentist, you can search online and visit best dentist in Delhi, who has complete knowledge and good track record in the field.
Vardhman Dental Care is one of the best clinics for dental implant in Pitampura, Delhi. Dentist at our clinic helps you to improve the dental health within your budget.