A root canal treatment is performed to repair and protect an acutely damaged or infected tooth. Best dentist in Delhi first examines the condition and then removes the pulp from the damaged tooth. Usually, dentist recommends the root canal treatment in Pitampura when a patient is having an infection deep within the tooth. The pulp inside the tooth becomes plague-ridden due to an injury or untreated long-term cavity. If the cavity is left untreated, then slowly gets deeper inside the tooth and ultimately, dentist has to remove the decayed tooth.
What to expect during the root canal treatment?
While performing the treatment, a dentist in Delhi follows the steps to examine the severity of the condition.
- Inspection – A patient is asked to lay down on the dental chair and then the dentist inspects the mouth to determine where exactly the cavity is.
- X-ray – After inspecting the location, dentist will do an X-ray to suspect how deep the cavity is and to show where the decay is situated.
- Anesthesia – A patient is then given a local anesthesia to remove the infected tooth.
- Pulpectomy – The diseased pulp is removed.
- Filling – the root gaps are then filled with gutta-percha material.